|Title||Presentation and management of genetics of reproductive science|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to the presentation and management of genetics of reproductive science be able to
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to:
- female genetic syndromes
- male genetic syndromes
- Y-chromosome deletions
- mitochondrial disease and treatment
- stem cells and saviour siblings
- therapeutic and reproductive cloning
- imprinting and epigenetics
- iatrogenic effects of ART
- pre-implantation genetic diagnosis and screening
- fetal origins of adult disease
- use of donor gametes as alternative treatment.
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- managing the genetics of reproductive science.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the presentation and management of the genetics of reproductive science to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to manage to:
- liaise with and advise the patient and clinical colleagues, using the available evidence base, on the diagnosis and management and treatment of genetic issues relating to reproductive science
- liaise with all health professionals and regulatory bodies as appropriate regarding the management of genetic issues relating to reproductive science.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.