|Title||Effective communication where there are barriers to understanding|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to effective communication where there are barriers to understanding be able to
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to:
- language difficulties
- younger age groups
- patients with disability (e.g. restricted sight / hearing)
- general public
- provision of patient information
- use of support networks and literature
- conflict resolution
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- managing any barriers to understanding with respect to reproductive science.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the effective communication where there are barriers to understanding to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to manage to:
- communicate effectively with all patient groups
- communicate effectively with the general public
- apply all support services accordingly.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.