|Title||Equipment and safety|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to the equipment and safety related to cryobiology be able to:
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to the equipment and safety related to cryobiology in ART including:
- safe handling of liquid gases
- physical and chemical nature of the liquid gases
- awareness of PPE
- set up monitoring and maintenance of a cryobank
- risk analysis of storage and implications of screening status
- performance of audit.
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- managing a cryobank effectively and safely.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the equipment and safety related to cryobiology to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to:
- manage a cryobank effectively and safely.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.