|Title||Presentation and management of gamete procurement|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to the presentation and management of gamete procurement be able to
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to:
- semen procurement
- oocyte procurement
- surgical sperm retrieval
- retrograde ejaculation
- testicular tissue procurement
- ovarian tissue procurement
- procurement in exceptional circumstances (pre-puberty, posthumous)
- procurement of cryopreserved gametes
- maintenance of the environment for procurement
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- managing gamete procurement.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the presentation and management of gamete procurement to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to manage to:
- liaise with and advise the patient and clinical colleagues, using the available evidence base, regarding gamete procurement
- liaise with all health professionals and regulatory bodies as appropriate regarding the management of gamete procurement.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.