|Title||Presentation and management of introduction of new technologies and techniques|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to the presentation and management of the introduction of new technologies be able to:
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to:
- critical assessment of emerging technologies and techniques
- evaluate efficacy and cost-effectiveness
- acquisition of the new technology
- validation and verification
- maintenance, calibration and servicing
- key performance indicators
- provision of patient information.
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- managing the introduction of new technologies and techniques.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the presentation and management of the introduction of new technologies to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to manage to:
- evaluate the significance of emerging technologies and techniques and their clinical relevance in reproductive science
- liaise with the technology provider and relevant finance personnel to manage procurement
- develop suitable validation procedures
- schedule suitable maintenance and servicing plans
- formulate and interpret relevant key performance indicators.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.