|Title||Effective communication regarding media and publication|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to effective communication regarding media and publication be able to
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to:
- press/television/radio interviews
- publication of literature for infertility patients
- publication of literature for the general public
- publication of literature for other health professionals
- publication and presentation of scientific work
- role of social media and networking
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- applying knowledge and use effective communication skills to manage effective communication with the media and for publication.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the effective communication regarding media and publication to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to manage to:
- communicate effectively with the media
- communicate effectively with infertility patients, the general public and other health professionals using published literature
- communicate effectively in the publication and presentation of scientific work
- present research or relevant work effectively to other health professionals.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.