|Title||Effective communication with multidisciplinary colleagues|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to effective communication with multidisciplinary colleagues be able to
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to being able to:
- present and interpret relevant scientific literature to colleagues in adjacent specialities
- interpret and communicate theories and ideas where there may be barriers to understanding
- diagnose and communicate effective treatment plans
- contribute to the patient treatment plan in a multidisciplinary team
- communicate ideas, clinical and practical skills and theories to scientists and other professionals in training
- present to large multidisciplinary groups
- present and discuss novel developments and research locally
- present and discuss novel developments and research at a national and international level
- recommend solutions and analyse risks
- identify outcomes and complications associated with ART
- outline future treatment options.
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- applying knowledge and use effective communication skills to manage the patient pathway with regard to assisted conception and the investigation and diagnosis of the infertile couple.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the effective communication with multidisciplinary colleagues to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to manage to:
- communicate effectively with scientific, medical and other healthcare professionals in the best interests of the patient, taking into account diagnosis and health status when formulating treatment strategies.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.