|Title||Effective communication with all patient groups and donors|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to effective communication with all patient groups and donors be able to
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to being able to:
- provide effective communication with all patient groups and donors, including:
- patients with barriers to understanding and dealing with vulnerable patient groups
- interpretation and communication of results
- recommendations and risk analyses
- statutory consents and regulations
- outcomes and complications
- outcomes and future options
- support networks
- conflict resolution.
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- applying knowledge and use effective communication skills to manage effective communication with all patient groups and donors.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the effective communication with all patient groups and donors to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to manage to:
- communicate effectively with the all patient groups and donors.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.