|Title||Effective communication with regulators and medico legal representatives|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to effective communication with regulators and medico legal representatives be able to:
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to being able to:
- communicate effectively with regulators and medico legal representatives, including:
- statutory data reporting
- risk reporting and analysis
- adverse incident reporting and resolution
- investigations and diagnoses
- interpretation and communication of results
- cooperation with external assessors and auditors
- statutory consents and regulations
- outcomes, complications and future options
- support networks
- conflict resolution
- implications of regulatory change
- expert witness representation
- communication with ethical committees.
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills:
- communicate effectively with regulators and medico legal representatives.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to manage to:
- communicate effectively with all regulators and medico legal representatives.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.