|Title||Consent, statute and risk analysis|
By the end of the training period trainees will, in respect to the consent, statute and risk analysis of cryobiology be able to:
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and apply knowledge
- perform, adapt and master a range of technical and clinical skills and procedures
- demonstrate the attitudes and behaviours necessary for professional practice as a consultant clinical scientist dealing with the complexities, uncertainties and tensions of professional practice at this level.
Knowledge and understanding
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge and its application to their professional practice in relation to the consent, statute and risk analysis of cryobiology including:
- principles of consent to cryopreservation
- application of consent regulation in the event of death, mental incapacity or consent withdrawal
- regulation of consents and statute governing cryopreserved material in the UK and recognise international regulation
- management of the transport of cryopreserved material between centres
- record keeping and reporting for cryopreserved material for donation
- risk analysis of storing samples according to screening status
- risk analysis of health and safety for laboratory staff in the cryo-laboratory
- risk analysis of the monitoring of stability of the cryo-environment for material and practice in the event of an adverse incident.
- the audit of cryopreserved material, including material from patients lost to contact.
Technical and clinical skills
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to demonstrate a critical understanding of current relevant research, theory and knowledge and its application to the performance, adaptation and mastery of the following skills to:
- practise cryobiology safely and within statute.
By the end of the training period the trainee will be able to apply knowledge of the consent, statute and risk analysis of cryobiology to perform, adapt and master the clinical skills necessary to:
- provide a legal, safe and effective cryopreservation and storage system for gametes, embryos and reproductive tissue as part of ART patient care.
Attitudes and behaviours
This module has no attitude and behaviours information.